Dr. Stephen B. Moss is a seasoned clinical psychologist with substantial expertise in treating all addictions and high competence in treating couples and most mental health disorders.
Mental Health Counselor, Addiction Counselor and Couples Counselor
Dr. Moss is a seasoned clinical psychologist who provides expert addiction treatment and highly competent couples and mental health treatment. He serves adults, older adolescents, and couples in his South Billerica home office near the Bedford/Billerica town line. Allow him to help you “become your healthiest self.”
Individualized Mental Health Treatment
A good “match” is essential for successful treatment of mental health and/or addiction issues. Feel free to interview me on the phone, and/or meet with me once or twice to determine whether or not we are good match. If not, I will try to refer you to someone who is.
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TREATMENT
- Expert assessment and treatment of alcohol, opioid, cocaine, cannabis, and all other drug problems
- Assessment and treatment for all behavioral addictions (e.g., sex addiction, gambling addiction, video game addiction)
MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT
- Mental health assessment and counseling for adults. This includes the treatment of depression, anxiety, ADHD, OCD, bipolar disorder, and all other distressing emotional and life situations
- Mental health treatment of youth ages 16 and up, or younger in special circumstances
MARRIAGE COUNSELING / COUPLES COUNSELING
- Emphasis on the building of truly productive communication skills
- Focus on building mutual respect, and deepening friendship, closeness, intimacy and/or joy
- • Expertise for those struggling with infidelity, separation/divorce challenges, managing drug-involved spouse/child, blended families, or other traumatic situations
PSYCHIATRIC TREATMENT REFERRALS
- Referrals to adult and pediatric psychiatric treatment providers
- Facilitate referrals to state of the art DNA testing that increases medication trial efficiency and effectiveness (e.g., GeneSight)
- Facilitate referrals to state of the art, non-medication depression treatments for those with severe, long-standing, and medication-resistant depression
o Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation [TMS]
o Electroconvulsive Therapy [ECT]
MIGHT YOU BENEFIT FROM COUNSELING SERVICES?
DO YOU FEEL:
- Little interest in doing things?
- Down, depressed or hopeless?
- Nervous, anxious, on edge?
- Unable to stop or control worrying?
- Avoiding some social situations for fear that attention might be on you?
- Vulnerable to frequent ups and down in mood, often without cause?
- Feeling a need at times to cut down on your drinking or drug use?
If you answered any item positively, it is highly recommended that you:
- • Complete and score relevant mental health or substance abuse screening tools.
- • If your scores are mild or above, it is strongly recommended that you contact Dr. Moss, another well-matched therapist, your PCP, and/or a psychiatrist.
MENTAL HEALTH SCREENING TOOLS
Mental health issues are “fixable,” and recovery from addiction is absolutely achievable.
“Since receiving treatment, I have maintained sobriety, become a mother to my daughter, and become a productive member of society again. Most importantly, I can honestly say that I laugh, smile, and experience joy more often than not in my daily life. Dr. Moss has played a major role in putting the pieces of myself back together”
MEET DR. STEPHEN MOSS
I am Stephen B. Moss, PhD, a seasoned and well respected psychologist/therapist.
Therapeutically, I will provide you with expert treatment for any addictive disorder, and highly competent treatment for your mental health, couples, or life management problems. My style is friendly, down-to-earth, and goal-focused. Using forthrightness, knowledge, humor and hope, my connection with you will be deep, committed and 24/7.
Historically, I was also a behavioral healthcare consultant providing technical assistance, training, and consultation to the federal government and all 50 states, and have written several books.
Allow me to help you become your “healthiest self.”
Click the button below to request treatment. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Dr. Moss at [email protected].
374 Concord Rd
South Billerica MA 01821
Fax: (978) 362-3865